Posted by: chanty | 2011-09-20

I need some help. I am always tired. I have two kids who dont sleep well, but I should be used to it by now as my son is going on four years old and my daughter is turning 2. They each wake up at least once a night on a good night.
I have thyroid problems and take 0.1mg Eltroxin daily. I also have serious allergies and break out in hives often. I need a supplement to help me get through the day. The past week I have no energy and feel aweful. Is there something I can take?

I strongly suggest that you consult your doctor to establish if your underactive thyroid is well controlled. There are a multitude of other possibilities that has to be excluded as well and blood tests will be the starting point.

You can supplement with Calcium, Magnesium and Zinc, as well as Selenium. Vitamin C, Omega 3 and 6 are also good supplements. Stay away from tonics, as they will only bring temporary relief.