Question

Let it go or not!

Compliments of the new year to you.

On Boxing day my neighbours'' brothers (they are from PTA) came to ask if I know of any other liqour stores that were open as they wanted to get some booze to have at home. I am not a drinker so couldnt help but my friend told them that she knew a store that was open. At about 8h15pm we walked out of our apartment building, to show the guys where they should go. As I was standing on the corner waiting for the robot to change so that I could cross the road, I saw my boyfriend and the father of my child driving past. He reversed the car and started asking me what I was doing on the side of the road with men at that time of the night. I explained the situation to him and could see that he didnt believe. THen and there he told me to go home because my friend had already left with the guys whilst we (my bf and I) were talking. He watched me go into the building and even called after to check if I am at home. He started making accusations that I now drink which is untrue. I am normally a homebody and you would find me either at the gym or on the beach with my daughter. New Years came and went and there was no call from him, when I called he told me that he thinks its best that I should go be with my new boyfriend because now I stand on street corners and he knows that I do it often. That was the first time I did that ever. We have not spoken to each other since Monday and I have decided to let this relationship go because I cant be with someone who cannot trust what I am saying. I am right in letting this go and just moving on with my life.

I've never really understood "Compliments of the Season" - the Season has never complimented me, never praised my new suit as cool, nor admired my haircut. I have found the Seaasons downright uncomplimentary.
Anyway.
Sounds like your boyfriend, doesn't it ? He sounds excessively controlling and old-fashioned, and to be applying double standards - it's fine for him to drive around with whoever he pleases and do whatever he likes, but you must simply sit inside all night and be alone ? Did he have no interest at all in seriously listening to your explanation, and understanding that the situation was actually innocent ?
Move on by all means, he doesn't sound at all genuinely loving - but make certain that the Court orders him to continue paying maintenance for the child's benefit, for as long as the child needs it.

1

Anyway.