Question
Posted by: Les | 2011/03/01

Lesbians

We were talking the other day about why women who are married, and have children even, all of a sudden decide they are gay and uproot everything and everybody.

One theory that came out was that maybe women who were in abusive relationships with abusive men who dominated and controlled them totally would be inclined to turn to other women because what they are really seeking is gentleness, and who is better able to provide warmth and tenderness better than a woman.

I would just be interested to hear your thoughts.

I'll be interested to see what other readers think, too. What you suggest is a possible explanation in some situations ( I'm certain there is no one explanation for all even superficially similar situations ).
Not only in the circumstances you describe, do people seek affection and tenderness more than actual sex.
But then, in both sexes, people who are basically homosexual may enter into long-term heterosexual relationships, even marriage, in response to a wish to be like others and not to court prejudice. And it may be easier for a woman to "fake it" in a more passive sexual role. And eventually, they may decide to acknowledge their more basic sense of gender identity and sexual interests, and reveal what may not be a new sexual orientation, but an acknowledgement of one which was present all along.
Remember that it is a myth that people are either 100 % heterosexuial or 100% homosexual, and many are somewhere on a continuum between those extremes

6
Posted by: Mmmmmmmmmm | 2011/03/01

Hey this is a form of entertainment for me. Its better than t.v.

If people dont have actual " human beings"  to talk to in " real life"  and need to post cr!p on this site then they should expect to be like superstars hunted done and examined like an animal.

This is a public domain!

Reply to Mmmmmmmmmm
Posted by: Romany | 2011/03/01

Mmmmmmmmmmm, you are truly confused... you need to read the post properly. (And most others that you have been commenting on??)
Les is asking a very SIMPLE question here ie  about women seeking warmth and tenderness as a result of abuse and turning to other women to find this.
Where do you come in with LUST and DESIRES and PLEASURE?
What hs this got to do with the question?

Reply to Romany
Posted by: Les | 2011/03/01

I am not asking about sex or pleasure Mmmmmm, and I really dont care about what kind of women you enjoyed. You lost the plot. I wanted to know about feelings. I want to know whether it is possible that abused women, straight or otherwise, would turn to other women for comfort after exiting the abusive relationship. That was a most ignorant and stupid answer.

Reply to Les
Posted by: Mmmmmmmmmmm | 2011/03/01

Lots of people have been abused, that doesn''t truly account for the majority of peoples behaviour.

Yes homosexuality is found in nature, but look at it with clear eyes and please note the %, its marginally low if not a tiny count against the basic roaring majority of nature planting its seed to grow more of the same.

So whats the answer? Is it lust, love or what? Can anybody find an excuse to justify their actions and does not a common conscience and basic search for love prevent everybody from going ape sh!t and doing whatever their natural desires demand them to do?

Let me entirely contradict myself in saying that the best woman ive ever enjoyed have actually been bi sexual!

Final question, where is your god? if you are your own god then i know(and OWN) you well enough. PLeasure has its limits!

Reply to Mmmmmmmmmmm
Posted by: Chris758 | 2011/03/01

I work with a lesbian and she is a very nice person. The one thing that lesbians can do is to dress better!! You see them and can identify them immediately!!

I have only once seen a lesbian couple where both of them were stunning girls!!! Maybe they were strippers!!

Reply to Chris758