Posted by: PP | 2009-09-18

Leptin in South Africa

I once used Leptin to lose weight which worked extremely well. Problem is: with everyone going through a tough economic phase, I am unable to afford seeing the Doctor who helped me with losing weight and subsequently taking Leptin shots which I so disperately need as I am gaining back the weight and fast.

Apparently, this drug/hormone has not been registered in SA and can therefore, not be ordered for me by any of the chemists. What can I do to get this drug urgently?

Please advise, thank you.

Dear PP
As you say, leptin preparations have not yet been registered in SA, so I would assume the only way you can obtain this type of product is to search the Internet to find a company that is prepared to mail it to you. What will happen when it arrives in SA and if the postal authorities will make you pay import tax or even permit you to receive a medical product by mail, is not clear. I can only suggest that if you were using a diet in conjunction with the leptin shots, that you stick to the diet strictly and do some regular daily exercise to try and keep your weight in check. What puzzles me, is the fact that if leptin is not yet registered in SA, how the doctor you refer to (who presumably works in SA) was able to obtain the medication????
I hope you can get this problem sorted out.

Posted by: LORINDA | 2016-01-02

Reply to LORINDA
Posted by: PP | 2009-09-19

Thank you for your prompt response

I am not too sure how the Doctor did and continues to administer this drug and frankly, I am not bothered as I have seen it change lives of many.

Slender Wonder (program I was on) continue to use Leptin as their flagship weight loss product openly and you will realise they operate in most of our big cities.

With this program, I was able to lose 37kg in eleven months and have so far gained back 9kg after thirteen months off the program (this clearly because of the hormone deficiency in my body)

My predicament is: I am unable to afford the program and subsequently, unable to go for " re-feeding"  and stabilizing phases (medical aid won' t assist), but I will follow your guide

If there' s anyone who' s ordered medication from another country before... please advise

Reply to PP