Posted by: Sylvia | 2012-11-07

I have read your review of the Slenderwonder programm as I am considering starting it. The specific info I needed was with regard to Leptin, which is the basis of their programme. It seems you have neglected to mention this. Is there a reason?

Dear Sylvia
I have asked for accurate information regarding the Slenderwonder slimming programme, but unless one joins and pays the fees, no information is forthcoming. Even if they provide you with leptin, the chances are good that it won't really make a difference because researchers have found that the majority of overweight individuals suffer from a type of 'leptin resistance' in similar fashion to patients suffering from insulin resistance. One can give individuals with 'leptin resistance’ as much leptin as you want to, but it won't stimulate weightloss because the cells that are supposed to react this hormone are 'resistant'. In fact most overweight persons make more than enough leptin (just like people with insulin resistance), but because their cells do not react to the leptin, they don't lose weight. In most cases the various slimming organisations use a very-low-energy or a high-protein, zero-carb diet to induce weightloss and the pills, potions and injections that go with the diet are more window dressing than anything else.