Question
Posted by: Jan | 2010/07/13

lenisolone

I have some sort of a problem with my right elbow, whenever I straiten my arm completely the joints itself is sore, I have been exercising heavily for the last 5 months, the injury became obvious when I started doing scull crushers and has continued ever since, I have been on arthrexin, it helps a lot but does not cure it totally, my pharmacist gave my lenisolone 5mg tablets, it has not started to work jet as my first dosage if from today.
I personally think it might be some form of a cartilage injury but I am only speculating. When I use heavy weights the pain spreads from my elbow to the bottom part of my arm, it feels like if the flesh is torn from the bone almost like a chin split. My elbow also “ pops”  a lot when I straiten it, feels like if my arm has been given resistance to move against and the it pops ( makes a click sound)and everything is fine again.
Will the prescribed medication work for my injury?
Jan Human

Expert ImageOrthopaedic Specialist Forum

Dear Jan,

There could be a few reasons for your pain in the elbow. One is a loose piece of cartilage, another could be an early form of arthritis of the elbow joint. You need to be seen by an orthopedic surgeon, preferably by one with knowledge of elbows and he would then do an X-ray and do the appropriate treatment

2
Posted by: jan | 2010/07/21

Dear Sir
The medication I mentioned in the previous blog helped and my elbow is fine, now it’ s just the burning sensation in my arm that is still bothering me, it’ s in the muscle that is facing the table as a person usually sits and works, the entire length of my arm next to the bone has this warm deep burning sensation when I am exercising my biceps, could it be some form of an infection in the muscle, it is in both arms, but the right has it much worse than the left.
Kind regards
Jan Human

Reply to jan
Posted by: Orthopaedic Specialist Forum | 2010/07/17

Dear Jan,

Reply to Orthopaedic Specialist Forum