Question
Posted by: Jan | 2010/07/09

lenisolone

I have some sort of a problem with my right elbow, whenever I straiten my arm completely the joints itself is sore, I have been exercising heavily for the last 5 months, the injury became obvious when I started doing scull crushers and has continued ever since, I have been on arthrexin, it helps a lot but does not cure it totally, my pharmacist gave my lenisolone 5mg tablets, it has not started to work jet as my first dosage if from today.
I personally think it might be some form of a cartilage injury but I am only speculating. When I use heavy weights the pain spreads from my elbow to the bottom part of my arm, it feels like if the flesh is torn from the bone almost like a chin split. My elbow also “ pops”  a lot when I straiten it, feels like if my arm has been given resistance to move against and the it pops ( makes a click sound)and everything is fine again.
Will the prescribed medication work for my injury?
Jan Human

Hi Jan

I'd be careful about medicine. Not because it doesn't help, because I'm sure it will help a little, but because it doesn't treat the cause the injury. And the danger is that it masks the pain, and allows you to train and then you get worse, not better.

If it is an injury like cartilage (which sounds reasonable) or tendon, then ideally it needs some rest. But most of all, it needs a diagnosis, and that's what you need to find first. If it is a tendon or cartilage, then there's treatment (rest among them) but you'll only know once you know what the injury is. So while it's frustrating, that's important. If you can't get to someone, then perhaps a day or two of rest followed by easier training for a couple of weeks, might do the trick.

Ross

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2010/07/20

Hi Jan

Ross

Reply to fitnessdoc