Question
Posted by: Simi | 2009/01/22

Lengthy Period

I have just turned 40, however for the past year i have been having heavy periods for 3 weeks solid then skip 2 weeks then heavy again.

What would be causing this?
I asked my doctor if i could be starting menopause and he told me no way, with my family history and the fact that its heavy for 3 weeks solid, would be highly unlikely. However he didnt do anything about it because i want to fall pregnant this year.

This has become irritating and is there anyway i can get my old 5 day period back?

You need to find the reason for this. Fibroids, cysts, polyps, hormonal problems could all be causes. You should see a gynaecologist.