Question
Posted by: Adele | 2010/08/04

Lemon water

Good morning,

What is your opinion on having hot water with a tablespoon of lemonjuice first thing in the morning to help once digestive system? Jillian on BBC Live (you are what you eat) is suggesting this to help to be regular.
I would like your input on this please.

Have a blessed day

Dear Adele
Drinking lemon juice is not harmful, but I doubt that it will prevent constipation and/or promote significant weightloss. Just rinse or brush your teeth after drinking such an acidic liquid because it can erode the tooth enamel. To stay regular you need to increase your dietary fibre intake and take beneficial microorganisms like Bifidoflora which you can buy at health shops. Click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then on 'Food as medicine" and read the articles under 'Healthy colon', for ideas on how to stay regular.

1

Dear Adele