Question
Posted by: Charmaine | 2012-07-23

Lemon Juice

I read an article on the intranet that says one must drink a teaspoon of lemon juice dissolved in a glass of water every morning - what would this help for when you are on a diet?

Dear Charmaine
Drinking lemon juice is not harmful, but I doubt that it will promote significant weightloss. Just rinse or brush your teeth after drinking such an acidic liquid because it can erode the tooth enamel. To lose weight you need to basically change your lifestyle. Reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet & Nutrition' at the top of this page, then on 'Healthy Diets' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increase your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life) for 30 or more minutes a day.

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2012-07-24

Dear Charmaine