Question
Posted by: Alan | 2010-01-18

Leishmaniasis

I brought back an unwanted gift from the middle east namely Leishmaniasis and seem to have a problem here in south africa as no Pharmacist and i have been to over 10 of them in the durban area even know what im talking about and the only one that was really helpful was the one in the pavilion who looked up on the net and informed me that all the cream treatments mentioned for it are not available in South Africa, i have been told that "  Balm of Gilead"  works as well but also not found so far, can you help with some suggestions?

Expert ImagePharmacist

Leishmaniasis is a type of parasitic infection.

I'd advise seeing a tropical medicine specialist for treatment as prescription antibiotics, amongst others, have shown to be effective in many cases. In some cases your specialist may even apply for a medicine to be imported as treatment.

All the best, and remember that treating this on your own is not an option.

1
Posted by: pharmacist | 2010-01-19

Reply to pharmacist