Question
Posted by: Jane | 2011-06-23

leiomyomatosis peritonealis disseminata

I recently underwent a laparoscopy for endometriosis and an ovarian cyst. I have been diagnosed with leiomyomatosis peritonealis disseminata. Literature on treatment, aetiology etc is limited. I am sympotmatic on a monthly basis. From Day 9 I have nausea, diarrhoea, headaches, fatigue, low mood and abdominal bloating and pain. This stabilises and then from approx day 19-26 I am anxious, irritable, and in more abdominal pain. I urinate throughout the night, have middle insomnia and headaches. Any recommendations re treatment or a specialist who knows about the condition to see in cape town area. My current gynae has not been helpful in this regard.

This is a very rare condition - only about 100 reported cases in the world. I am imnterested to know how the diagnosis was made. I can understand this as a cause for pain, but not for headaches, fatigue and low mood. I don't think you will find any experts as it is such a rare condition, but your gynae could read up on the previously reported cases.

2
Posted by: AR | 2011-08-04

I too have recently been diagnosed with this rare disease this past May. I''ve been trying to find someone else that would like to keep in touch and support eachother in our own trials and errors. if your intresested please let me know. -ar

Reply to AR
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2011-06-27