Question
Posted by: Respectable | 2012/10/28

Leila you hot issues.

Leila your attack on Homosexuals, makes me wonder if you''re perhaps not a " closet"  homosexual yourself. The problem with people like you. Is that you people are so quick to judge others. Oh and love using the bible as a justifiable excuse why and what and now sinful someone else is. Didn''t you also know that some Christians only follow the OT and others only follow the NT. Isn''t that sinful to? It''s either you follow every part of the bible or nothing at all. Maybe you need to get it intO your thick brain dead cell, that THE BIBLE IS JUST A MAN MADE BOOK, THAT HAS DONE NOTHING BUT CAUSED WAR BETWEEN HUMANKIND. Or maybe you should consider that the BIBLE is nothing more but a HISTORY book! Get it? Really. I''m not a homosexual. But I respect people of every gender, race culture, etc. But when people are as judgmental as you are. I can but only feel sorry for not only your poor husband but your children too. And by the way. What two commenting adults do behind closed doors is none of your business! So please clean your own house first before you try preaching to others on how to clean theirs!!!

I'm not sure that blindly "following" a bible is necessarily a good thing - isn't it important first of all to understand it ? Otherwise you woul;dn't know what you were trying to follow. And isn't one of the great messages in most versions of a bible, the importance of Love for others ?
Leila Being homosexual is not unnatural, and occurs in all known human societies and groups, and has been reported in remarkably many animal species. Its homophobia that seems unnatural ( and seems not to occur in animals ).
And when it comes to disease, the most immense burden of sexually transmitted disease on earth is HIV / AIDS, a major killer, and all other STD.s, too ) are spread mainly by HETEROSEXUAL ( straight ) intercourse.
Leila, you have Prejudies, and no "truth" at all. Bigotry, such as you display, harms and hurts hugely more people than homosexuality does. And you are displaying characteristics of bigotry - and no amount of reason or facts will change your mind.
Personally, I have no problem with homosexualiy unless someone tries to make it compulsory.

17
Posted by: Leila | 2012/10/31

@Worried, as you may have noticed, I have not targeted your emotional matter/problem. It is homosexuality that is the matter of debate.
Most definitely, we all have sins, we cannot deny that.We cannot be judgmental 100% I agree. But what is important is that we should not justify our actions. Each one of us will be held accountable for our deeds and actions one day whether we like it or not.

No I dont have a problem with love, as long as it is an appropriate love. I can sincerely say that I love you too, but it is a brotherly/sisterly love. And it is that love that has motivated me to want you to see the straight way. By no means am I judging you, all I want is your salvation.

A paedophile cannot say he is born like that and hence should be allowed to commit crimes.
A kleptomaniac cannot be left to steal simply because he/she was born that way.!

Reply to Leila
Posted by: Worried | 2012/10/30

I am actually shocked now that I see this whole thread that actually started with me asking advice on an emotional matter - my emotional matter. I really dont think that this topic is worth discussing like this because I do not think that everyone knows everything. So I do suggest that it is left now.

I can however have a quick say as well. A very close friend of mine is a pastor, he believe that everyone has sins. He does not judge because judging is a sin as well. Every sin is as bad as the rest. So if you believe that a man who loves another man with all his heart is a sin, so be it - Judge all you want. We will then be sitting in the same chair one day. We all have sins...

I do believe for instance that a person falls in love with another person... not necessarily the gender. You fall in LOVE with LOVE and you fall in love with someone who cares for you. Someone who actually gets you and someone wants to be with you.

Anyway, that''s my say. I do hope we can just leave this topic now. It''s hard enough as it is.

Reply to Worried
Posted by: Leila | 2012/10/30

I wholeheartedly thank you Margie. At last someone speaking sense! We know - AND they know, that homosexuality is an abomination hencewhy the huge outcry. They cannot stomach the truth and resort to name-calling and being judgemental.
I have purposely left out biblical proofs/teachings because people like these can become blasphemous, thanks Margie, I wont get offended, my intention is not to offend these people but to try to make them see the truth and light.

Reply to Leila
Posted by: Margie | 2012/10/30

Leila I agree 100% with you. That is why only a few are on the straight and narrow path. Let them say what they want, you and I both know that being homosexual is an abomonation as it is written in the BIBLE. That is after all one of the reasons God destroyed sodam and gomorrah
You know, it does not help to get upset with these ignorant people. The word does state in Hosea 4:6
" My people are destroyed by lack of knowledge" 
Leila, do not get offended. They will answer for the choices they made.
Yes, there are many other sins we will answer for one day, the one discussed here is homosexuality.
And the Bible is a book written by man inspired by GOD.

Reply to Margie
Posted by: Leila | 2012/10/29

In life, anything can be achieved - with strong willpower. If you are determined then who can stop you? Well and true its not so easy but why give in to one''s own lowly self?? You have to work towards a goal and then it will be achieved in the end, not just overnight.
I will still not be judgmental of you or gays, but its more like I am wasting my time by trying to let people like you see the truth..

Reply to Leila
Posted by: Wake up! | 2012/10/29

Wahahaha! " ...fight those desires, and with preserverance, it will be overcome"  You simply are clueless (and now I am judgemental). Do you not think that if it was that easy, there would be no gay people in this world? its not an on off switch. Anyway, enough said, I know I am wasting my time.

Reply to Wake up!
Posted by: Leila | 2012/10/29

I do understand that gay people can and do have wonderful personalities, I am not judgemental of them, I know it must not be easy being gay, but we have to fight those desires, and with perserverance, it will be overcome, one should endeavour to control the unnatural desires. Alll I can say is that I pray that they can conquer this deviation that they find themselves in.

Reply to Leila
Posted by: Wake up! | 2012/10/29

Leila, I feel so sorry for you. Have you ever even spent time with any gay people? Have you ever spoken to them? Got to know them? They are no different to us. I find it so sad that in this day and age, people still judge left, right and centre, and then you call yourself a christian. You have never walked in their shoes, not even tried. One day, someone very close to you will tell you that they are gay, and I hope that by then you will have learnt some compassion and respect for other people. No matter what their sexual orientation is.

Reply to Wake up!
Posted by: Leila | 2012/10/29

It is better to be on the straight and narrow than to have a bent and distorted mindset...

Reply to Leila
Posted by: qwerty | 2012/10/29

Thank you, Nini. Couldn''t agree more with you.

Reply to qwerty
Posted by: Liza | 2012/10/29

@Respectable - even if this Leila is for real, you''ll NEVER be able to change the mind of a narrow-minded bigot. Trying to do so is an exercise in futility. So why bother?

Reply to Liza
Posted by: Liza | 2012/10/29

TROLL ALERT! Please stop feeding the trolls. They only spew common bigotry to get a rise out of everyone. No-one should be taking the bigotry seriously! It is what it is and we all know it!

Reply to Liza
Posted by: Respectable | 2012/10/29

Leila. This is not men that prefer tO be with men because of some sick fantasy they have. Homosexuals are merely human being that feels that they are or is trapped in another body. Homosexuals are purely people that are trying to discover who they are and what they are. Without people condoning their acts and behavior. Or even judging them. And I''m only bettor hot headed, only because I have people like you in my family. And one of my family member has to suffer from trying to be who he is. And at the same stance he has to suppress his happiness because of " self righteous"  bigots. So what about people that are hermaphrodites? And where did you get that they spread diseases? I really hope that you will someday learn or realize that gay or homosexuals for that matter are not sick people but humans that were born in a different form. Trapped in a different body. KCEXM8

Reply to Respectable
Posted by: Leila | 2012/10/29

All you people are getting so offended and hot-headed because you know the truth. Truth cannot be hidden. Most definitely my intention is not to offend anyone nor do I hate anyone. I do not hate homos as such, only their actions. Can you call homosexuality natural? No, never!
If we dont submit to God then all we do is submit to our lowly animal instincts.

Reply to Leila
Posted by: Nini | 2012/10/29

I am also a big Christian, but the Bible I read clearly states that we are not to judge others. Every person is accountable for their own decisions, and we as Christians need to love and respect each other, REGARDLESS of the life choices other people make.

I personally have no problem with homosexuality. Will I practice it myself? No. Do I have gay friends that I love and adore? Yes, with all my heart.

Please dont be offended by Leila''s narrow minded opinion. Not all Christians follow the same views as her. My Bible tells me not to judge others, and to love everyone equally. And until the day that I am perfect myself, I will not cast the first stone.

Reply to Nini
Posted by: Leila | 2012/10/29

I am not attacking homosexuals, its more like you are attacking my reputation. All Im saying is that being homo is the most unnatural thing to be. Lets leave the bible out here. Basic human decency demands that one should not engage in such a lowly activity and behaviour. Im not being judgemental but just pointing out this extremely unnatural behaviour.How can sexual activity take place between two men, or two women for that matter? Its a sure way to spread disease among them. All this is just basic common sense.

Reply to Leila