Question
Posted by: Sussie | 2009-09-21

Legs -funny pains

Hi Doc. I had a back operation (laminectomy) 5y ago, all perfect, but above that I know there is trouble, but the Orthopedic surgeon said after MRI scans that if I look after myself I wont need another back operation. The problem is at night I get different pains in my left leg in different places, to describe it , it feel like blood clots running around. The pain isnt always on the same spot, it varies. Does this come from my back or is it maybe something else please? Thank you so much.

Dear Sussie
A nerve pain is fairly constant in the same place, so this may be due to muscle spasms. One also needs to check the leg for circulation problems. Rather let your GP have a look