Posted by: Arlene | 2010-01-30

Hi doc, have chronic condition on my legs. Have had it for avout 3 yrs.Have been to a GP and Dermatologist. The dermotologist put me on an anti biotic which made me ill so stopped taking it, also gave an ointment, but tube was small and only lasted bout 2/3 days. The condition is on both legs from knee to ancle.Sores appear with a hair inside. I thought this had something to do with the waxing that i had been doing at a salon so i stopped waxing but to no avail. They itch a bit and when scatch, bleed.
What can this be and wjat can i use.

Thank you.

I am unable to examine your legs and it is therefore, difficult give make a diagnosis or to give advice. I do however, suggest that you re-consult a dermatologist, in order to treat the condition. Please ensure that you inform the dermatologist about the side-effects of the antibiotics that he/she prescribed.

If you do have an infection, it is extremely important that it is treated with antibiotics but there are a broad spectrum of antibiotics available which might not have the same side-effects.