Question
Posted by: Candi | 2008/11/21

Legs

This may not be the right place to post this but I' d lke to know:
What causes vericose vains and how can you prevent them from happening. I' m 28 years old and have been developing them on the back of my legs.

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Candi

Varicose veins occur when veins are twisted or when the valves don't function properly. The veins of the leg, especially the superficial veins near the surface of the skin are subjected to a lot of pressures from standing for long periods. I'm not sure what to do to prevent them, perhaps this is a question for a vascular specialist.

Chris