Posted by: Nic | 2009-03-11

Legal advise

I got the following email... I would just like to know whether it is legal or not to do so.

Dear Nic Burger,

My name is X, a legal practitioner with Y.

I saw your contact and profile and decided that you could cooperate with me in this proposition.

I have a client by Name Mr. Z Burger, who was deceased in November, 2005, in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. I am contacting you because you have the same surname as my deceased client and i felt that you could help me in the distribution of funding that were left in my deceased client' s bank account. This funding is closed to be declared unserviceable by the bank as there were no indicated next of kin or next of beneficiary of the funding in the bank account.

The total amount of cash in the bank account of my deceased client is US$ ?. The bank had issued to me a notification to contact the next of kin of my deceased client for either to re-activate the bank account or to make claim of beneficiary, of the funding in the bank account, with a month surcharge of 6% to be deducted as an Escrow safe keeping fee of the bank account,so as to avoid the indefinite closure of the bank account. My proposition to you is to seek your consent, and to present your kind self as the next-of-kin and beneficiary of my deceased client, since you have the same last name with him.

This means that the proceeds of his bank account would be paid to you as his next of kin or the legitimate beneficiary. When the proceeds in his bank account are paid to you, we would share the proceeds on a mutually agreed-upon percentage of 60% to me and 40% to your kind self. All the legal documents to back up your claim as my client' s next-of-kin would be provided by me. The most important thing I would need is your honest cooperation in this proposition.This would be done under a legitimate arrangement that would protect you from any breach of the law.

Please contact me at once if you are interested reply through my personal email.

I changed the real name to protect identity. I dont know if you can help me or give me advise on who can help me.

Thank you for your time.

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

I think this letter is nonsense - be careful!

Posted by: ruan | 2009-03-19

Interviewer Question: Tell me about yourself?

Suggested Job Seeker Response:

Although your first instinct might be to start by describing your interests and hobbies, remember where you are. You are in a job interview with the sole purpose of being hired. The information that you should detail when asked this question is to begin by describing yourself in a work situation. Prepare a summary of your work experience as well as your career achievements. Briefly detail your education accomplishments as well as any other accomplishment or transferrable skills that are relevant to the job vacancy. Only once you have discussed information that is specific to the available position, should you then give a short explanation about your interests and character traits.

Interviewer Question: Describe your working experience?

Suggested Job Seeker Response:

Study your CV prior to your job interview and indentify areas of your work experience that is specifically relevant to the job that you are being interviewed for. Be sure to scrutinise the job advert as this will guide your answer and provide you with clues on what exactly the recruiter is looking for in a candidate. Your answer should be concise and relevant  the recruiter has already seen your Curriculum Vitae and already has a good idea of your experience. Try to get the recruiter to specify what areas they would like you to discuss so as to avoid digressing off the topic with long winded explanations. The reason why the recruiter is asking this question even after having seen your CV application is because they want to hear how you would describe your experience verbally and to ensure that your verbal explanation is consistent with the information detailed in your CV.

Interviewer Question: What are your strengths and weaknesses?

Suggested Job Seeker Response:

Although this question may seem as though you should answer with a positive answer for your strengths and a negative for your weaknesses, try to give two positive answers. When discussing your strengths highlight roughly three positive attributes or strengths that specifically apply to the available post based on what you consider to be the recruiter' s specific requirements. When indicating your weaknesses, never detail a character defect or poor performance areas that have no opportunity to be improved on. Rather, try to explain where you identified a problem area where you were able to remedy this and explain how you did so.

Suggested Job Seeker responses to the most common and typical job interview questions:

How do you deal with conflict or criticism?

Always answer this frequently asked question with a positive approach. Explain where you may have experienced conflict in the workplace in the past and how you dealt with it. Explain in a positive light, how you managed this conflict and what you learnt from the experience. The job interviewer is looking to identify areas where you may experience a problem when working with difficult personalities and how well you handle negative situations and reverse them into positive ones. Never say never and always be open to the idea that you are willing and able to learn from each working experience - whether positive or negative.

What do you know about our company and why do you want to work here?

You will need to prepare for this typical job interview question far in advance in order to ensure that you are comfortable discussing the employers company. Don' t be a know it all, you are talking with someone who may have been part of the company for several years and will know greater detail that you will. Never argue about details and be open to correction should you have interpreted research information incorrectly. When answering the reason for you wanting to join their establishment specify what interests you about the industry or company and how you feel you could contribute to its longevity. Express admiration and respect for the company and include an explanation as to what value you feel you will be able to bring to the company that other candidates may not be able to. Try to get a good understanding of the company' s objective as well as their vision and mission and how you plan on sustaining this or improving on it, based on your relevant skills and attributes.

Describe a short term goal you have set for yourself and how you intend on achieving this goal?

A short term goal generally falls within a one to two year delivery period. The goals that you describe should be career focussed, based on areas where you would like to improve on a skill or achieve a qualification that will boost your career growth. When answering to how you intend on achieving these goals to the employer, never leave a door closed. Opportunity and drive is your number one objective in order to achieve any goal and this is why your explanation needs to be realistic and attainable within this short period. By displaying your enthusiasm and desire to succeed, this will indicate to the employer that you are a motivated and inspired employee.

Where do you see yourself in five years?

When answering this typical job interview question stay focussed on career goals and aspirations. Potential employers don' t want to hear about your plans to ' Take over their company'  nor your desire to become a pro golfer. Keep these career aspirations realistic and attainable within a 5 year period. Discuss ways in which you anticipate attaining your career goals as well as steps you have already taken to reach these career goals.

What are you looking for in a job?

This may seem like an easy common interview question to answer, it is in fact a tricky job interview question. While the interviewer is asking you what you are looking for in a job, in actual fact they want you to answer with what they are looking for from you. Again when preparing for this question, be sure to have the job ad close at hand in order to assess in precise detail what the recruiter is looking for in a candidate. Answer this question the way you think the interviewer wants you to answer it, by describing desires that the job you have applied for will be able to deliver to the candidate.

What are your salary requirements?

Prepare ahead of time prior to your job interview on how you intend on answering this question. A good place to start is to research the industry standard or market related salary that employees in similar roles are earning. Generally this information can be found on the internet or alternatively recruitment agents will be able to give you a good indication of your market related salary. In your interview, try not to discuss exact figures but rather give a ball park figure that you will be able to negotiate on later on should the employer makes you an offer. Never discuss your salary goals unless asked by the interviewer.

Do you have any questions?

When asked if you have any questions about the role or the organisation, always have a few questions prepared to ask the interviewer. It is important to ask questions as this will illustrate your enthusiasm and desire to join their company. As with the other typically asked job interview questions, research and prepare some typical interview questions for the recruiter. You will find tons of content and guidelines to assist in preparing ahead of time to ask the interviewer and display your interest in the company as well as joining the team.

As mentioned before there are no set structures to any job interview and every interview will be completely unique and different to your last. Preparing in advance and familiarising yourself with frequently asked job interview questions will give you the confidence you require in order to outshine any other candidate by emphasising your skills and accomplishment relevant to the job. Try to relax and remember to be yourself and the team wishes you the very best of luck in securing your dream job.

Reply to ruan
Posted by: re | 2009-03-17

Reply to re
Posted by: Wolf | 2009-03-15

“ Wolf”  notes that their burgers are made with “ a mix of about 50 percent ground chuck, 25 percent sirloin and 25 percent brisket.”  Yum.

Another thing that intrigues me: more than 60 milkshakes and malts that include flavors like Frozen Hot Chocolate, Birthday Cake, Strawberry Cheesecake and Mounds.

Even more exciting news? Apparently Z Burger is planning on opening several new locations, including in my hood of Adams Morgan and the nearby Dupont Circle neighborhood.

Reply to Wolf
Posted by: Z Burger | 2009-03-15

Z Burger is a new humburger comming soon

Reply to Z Burger
Posted by: Dina | 2009-03-15

I think this letter is bull shit

Reply to Dina
Posted by: anon too | 2009-03-11

this is a scam - i' ve had many similar emails from nigerian or saudi princes. avoid like the plague!

Reply to anon too
Posted by: swg | 2009-03-11

This is a scam!

Reply to swg
Posted by: Anon | 2009-03-11

Absolutelly illegal