Posted by: Leona | 2010-01-27

Legal action

I resigned in my previous job without giving enough notice days. The company is calling to demand payment for the outstanding notice days. Im under financial difficulties at the moment as Im the sole bread winner at home. Can they take legal action against me or can they contact my current employer about this &  arrange to take the money from my paycheck? What do I do in this situation, Im scared it my ruin my current job. I' ll greatly appreciate the advise.

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

The company can take civil legal action against you if they can prove they lost monies specifically because you resigned without giving the requisite notice. Legal action means that they'd issue a summons which you can defend, only if you lose the legal action can they execute against you.