Question
Posted by: Kevin P | 2011/04/24

Leg Rash after using VEET

A week ago I used VEET hair remover to remove the hair (obviously) from around my pubic area and my legs. Within 2 days after this, I notice a rash in particular around the groin area. Also the odd red pimple on my upper legs and calves. This is the 1st I have ever removed the hair from my legs although I have occasionally used VEET to remove pubic hair with no side effects.

What first of all do I do / use to treat the rash / pimples and secondly, do I use VEET in the future again? Or is there another product which would have this side effect?

Hallo Kevin
There is a Veet for sensitive areas available, ti may be that the Veet you used is too irritating for your skin. If you used the one for sensitive areas, it may still be too irritating for your skin and then you may need to consider other methods of hair removal like waxing, or another brand of hair removal cream. If the skin is just slightly red, you can try something like a light cortisone cream (Stopitch) but if it is very red, and there are blisters, rather let your doctor have a look first. Try Bactroban cream/ointment on yellow pimples.

3
Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/03/20

Hi when I use veet I got a red rashes between my legs and they are burning Pl recommend me some ointment I am suffering with that and cant walk with that rashes

Posted by: Kevin P | 2011/04/26

Thanks. I will try the Bactroban ointment on the pimples.

Reply to Kevin P
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/04/25

Hallo Kevin