Question
Posted by: Me | 2009/12/19

Leg pains

Am 23 weeks pregnant....leg cramps, more like restless legs are keeping me up at night....Im trying very hard to sleep on my sides (esp left side)...I do take calcium tablets.

What is causing this leg discomfort and what can I do about it??

Leg cramps are commoner in pregnancy and the cause is not really known. Other than calcium tablets, There isn't much you can do.

3
Posted by: Me | 2009/12/23

Thank u Kyra!!!

Reply to Me
Posted by: Kyra | 2009/12/21

Hi, I have never been pregnant but I saw your post and I have battled with leg pains as a child. Massaging always helped but sometimes the pain would seem to be next to my bone so that I could never reach. As long as it won' t affect your baby, you can try putting a pinch of salt on your tongue and letting it dissolve (a friend of my mom suggested this and for some reason it worked) and also what I found by accident, if you keep you leg/s as still as possible the pain fades quicker than if you moved it around. I usually bear the pain and refuse to move my legs even an inch and within 15 minute the pain is gone. I hope it helps, best of luck and congrats on the baby!

Reply to Kyra