Posted by: Annie | 2009-09-25

Leg Cramps and Anemia

I have developed sudden anemia due to 2 very heavy periods the last 2 months. The only reason i know im anemic is because the blood donor clinic told me i couldnt donate as their machine reflected LLL. I went to a doc with the first bad period and he gave me Diane.. I have used for one month and still got a bad period. I assume it will take a while to set in. But my question is, how will i know when the anemia is bad enough to see a doctor(im taking iron tabs the blood bank gave me) and i am having sudden constant leg cramps, is this due to the anemia?
Thank you and Regards

Anemia can cause muscle cramps and pain due to the fact that oxygen delivery is impaired. If you are experiencing symptoms of anemia, I suggest that you consult your doctor to have blood tests done and to re-evaluate your iron supplementation.