Question
Posted by: Ash | 2011/02/23

Leg burning

Hi, I have a burning feeling behind my leg just above the foot for the last two days already. It’ s a very uncomfortable feeling and I''m starting to walk with a limp. I can’ t stay on my feet too long as it feels very comfortable. It all started when I just turned around when I felt it the first time. I also play soccer on a regular basis.

Hi Ash

It sounds like the Achilles tendon? Is that the area? Or is it the ligaments? From your description of how it happened, it sounds like perhaps you've strained a tendon or ligament. That requires rest, keeping weight off the leg, and maybe since it happened, you've worsened it through activity? Again, I'm not 100% sure of the injury.

I hate to pass the buck, but for an acute injury like this, the best thing is to see a doctor or a physiotherapist. Have them assess and then they can prescribe the first phase of rehab.

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2011/02/27

Hi Ash

Reply to fitnessdoc