Posted by: Kelly-ann | 2013-01-22

Left upper back &  abdominal pain

Hey doc

i am female, 22 years old and have a hiatal hernia as well as bile reflux and previously treated hemorrhoids.

this morning i experienced mild to moderate pain in left side of chest and upper left side of my back. Throughout the day the pain got more severe and now it is in upper left side of abdomen, left flank or side and left side of upper back. It is a sharp pain that is constantly there. Any slight movement makes it unbearable and the pain never goes away. Tonight i had a bowel movement with a lot of bright red blood and the stool itself is more yellow than brown. I know the bright red blood has probably nothing to do with the pain. I dont have fever. My eyes are red and i have fatigue.

For the past couple of days i lost my appetite coz i always feel full and i am extremely gassy and i have indigestion when fluid, sometimes burning sometimes not pushes back up in my esophagus.
Please help me.

You will have to consult your doctor for a gastroscopy and colonoscopy as soon as possible. It is possible that you have developed a gastric ulcer or severe erotion of the oesophagus. A bleeding gastric ulcer will usually cause tar like stools, due to the influence of gastric acid on blood. In severe cases, you can pass bright red stools, due to a bleeding gastric ulcer. It is really very important to consult your doctor.