Question
Posted by: Nikkie | 2010/06/02

left side of face numb

hi

I woke up last week Tuesday and my left side of the face was numb, there is no functionality, only the right side has any kind of feeling, my left eye is constantly watery and I sometimes get a slight strike feels like a light headache and the upper jaw on my left next to the ear gets a sharp pain. What could this be am so worried as now I can''t even smile properly my mouth just shifts to the right each time I try to talk or smile.

please help

Hallo Nikki
Please see a doctor, it may be Bell's palsy, a condition where the nerve of the face gets inflammation. This can be treated by cortisone and often it recovers fully. It may also be signs of a stroke if you have high blood pressure or other risk factors. Rather have it seen to
dr Bets

2
Posted by: Nikkie | 2010/06/03

Thank you Dr Bets

I went to see a doctor yesterday and she told me I have facial paralyses, she gave me Tegretol 200mg and Cyclivex 200mg.

Reply to Nikkie
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/06/02

Hallo Nikki
dr Bets