Question
Posted by: Andy | 2008/10/21

Left Shoulder Blade Pain

I have a constant pain in left shoulder blade and when I sometimes lift my arm it feels like a bubble bursting in heart

Expert ImageShoulder Doc

Dear Andy,

Pain in the area of the shoulder blade may come from the shoulerblade itself due to a growth ( usually benign) on the deep side of the bone, the underlying ribs or even referred from the joints (facet joints) behind the neck vertebrae.
if the pain is that severe you shoud be examined by a specialist and X-rays be taken of the area. An orthopedic surgeon would possibly be the best person to see first.

All the best,

Dr Joe de Beer