Question
Posted by: Numb | 2008/06/02

Left hand numb during exercising

Dear Doc
What makes my left hand go numb when I walk on the treadmill. There is no pins and needles just a numb sensation in my left hand.
While I walk I bend my arms at the elbows and swing them like I would outdoors.
Sometimes I also feel a little dizzy when I get off even though I slow down my stride before getting off. I walk for about 35min.

Dear Numb
You may inadvertently cause a pinching of the nerve between 2 muscles in the way you walk. The dizziness could be caused by blood pressure changes or irregular heart beat when you exercise - check your pulse if this happens again or may be just the moving of the treadmill that disorientates the middle ear?

1
Posted by: wynand | 2008/11/06

Hallo
I am 37 years of age, I weigh 140kg and my height 1,86m
Recenly my hands and feet go numb when i ride a motor bike
They also have a tingling sesation. More recently my feet started swelling after a ride. I have no problem with my blood pressure and my colestrol is also normal according to tests. I have heard that I should get my heart checked out by a friend, is this true?

Reply to wynand