Question
Posted by: CJT | 2009-11-04

Left Fiance and kids

HI All,

I would just like some advice on the below please.
I left my fiance and 2 twin children aged 5 months 2 weeks ago. I do not want to ge into why as I Had no chioce but I would like to know how best to handle my children going forward and what effect you think this may have on them, Will they still see me as a father due to me leaving while they were so you etc.

Thank you in advance

I agree with Maria. It all depends on how you view your role as father and what sort of relatonship you want to have with them. And the reason why you felt you had no choice but to break up with their mother is highly relevant, as it must influence the relationship between you and her. Obviously at this age the children are not really aware of who you are or what has happened. The sort of relationship you can have with them depends on continuing personal contact

2
Posted by: Maria | 2009-11-04

CJT that will obviously depend on the role you play in their lives. If you choose to be an involved father who shares parenting with their mother then obviously that' s who you will be to them. If you disappear out of their lives apart from paying maintenance money to their mother every month then you can' t expect them to grow up seeing you as father.

Reply to Maria