Posted by: Janine | 2009-07-27

Left Eye

Hi Doc, there is no one specific that I can ask about my eyes so i thought that you would be my best bet. I have been wearing glasses for quite some time now and about 8 months ago i went for an eye test and my glasses had to be changed because my left eye had grown a bit weaker. Earlier last week when I tried to put my glasses on, the lens that covers my left eye felt too strong and now I cant wear my glasses at all. My eye now sees better without the glasses. Is it possible that my eyesight has improved? Should I go for another eye test? The glare from the computer is still making my eyes burn but I cant wear glasses due to the left lens, any idea what s going on?

Dear Janine
Yes, rather go for another eye test. I also think you should have your eye pressure tested. Near vision can improve with age due to a natural nearsightedness that develop.