Question
Posted by: Tania | 2011/01/26

Left Calf Muscle - Addition to Post 1284

When I was diagnosed again with High BP, the doctor tested blood etc. and found that I was lacking folic acid as my red blood cells were enlarged, and it is definately not caused through alcohol as I am not a drinker. He has put me on folic acid tabs 2 a day for three months, I dont know if it is working.

I also complained that my left calf muscle feels like it was pulled almost like a person gets during pregnancy, I have been getting this alot lately what could the cause be.

Tania

Hallo Tania
You will have to have a follow up blood test to check of the folic acid supplements has helped. The pulling of the calf muscles could be due to calcium or magnesium deficiency and you could try to use CALMAG for it. Also do some stretching exercises (overexertion can also cause cramping, especially if you are on high heels the whole day)
dr Bets

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/01/27

Hallo Tania
dr Bets