Posted by: Mohamed | 2012-01-20

Left Benzoyl Peroxide on Too long.

Hi Doc.

I recently had a terrible acne breakout all of a sudden, all over my face. Which I couldnt understand because I was on Roaccutane (20mg twice a day) for 8 months 3 yrs ago.

I bought Oxy 10, and applied it morning and Night over my entire face ,Yes including the delicate eye area for 4 days, after which I had to stop due to the intense burning, redness &  dehydrated state of my skin.

It was my own stupidity , I was trying to be smart.
Nevertheless, I have stopped it for 2 days now, but my skin is in quite a state. It is red, burning &  is wrinkly. I look 10 years older. also it has left my under eye area with dark patches.

Is this just temporary? will it go away? what do I do to reverse the damage caused? Should I just leave my skin alone for the next few days? Washing seems to irritate it furthur.

Please advise.

You caused a chemical burn on your face. I suggest that you consult a dermatologist for the correct treatment. In the interim, wash your face with water and apply Epizone A cream (at pharmacies).