Question
Posted by: Candice | 2008/06/26

Lecithin

Can my overweight 9 year old incl. Lecithin (Vital) in his diet?

Dear Candice
Young children can use lecithin in their diet, but this will not assist with weight loss. I trust that you have consulted a clinical dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area), to assist you with a diet that will help your lad lose weight, but still provide all the nutrients he needs for normal growth. In addition he should be encouraged to be as active as possible.