Posted by: Jani | 2009-01-10

Leaving the pill to fall pregnant

Hi Dr,

I have been on Yasmin for a year and 5 months now. I just bought my last pack of Yasmin today.
This is my last pack, I am stopping end of this pack, then using alternative birth control for the next few months, and then in May, we want to try and get pregnant.
I was just wondering,
1) is this enough time for my body to get back into the normal rhythm, so that I don' t have difficulty in falling pregnant?
2)When should I stop with this new pack of Yasmin? After the inactive pills, or should I finish the entire packet? (I' m just worried that continuing with the active pills after the inactive pills, just to stop abrupt at the end of the pack, will cause me to menstruate again, and my body to be confused?)

Thanks for being there!

1. This is fine.
2. Stop when you get to the inactive pills.