leaving a job to take care of granmother

is leaving work for 5months to take care of your granmother acceptable to reflect on your cv?

I suppose in the end it's a matter of taste. Personally, I would rate it highly and it would improve my opinion of the applicant rather a lot. Maybe some employers wouldn't be so positive, but I don't see how any of them could count it against you. An unexplained blank min your CV would be more worrying for them

it would be something that i would regard as a positive thing on a CV..................

Posted by: Your_Invisible_Friend | 2009-05-18

As the HR manager in a medium sized company, honesty is always the best policy.
We realize that employees are human and sometimes unforeseen/uncontrollable things happen in life that can affect your career path.
We assess individuals on their character as well as their skills, and you taking care of your grandmother shows good character!

Reply to Your_Invisible_Friend