Question
Posted by: Frustrated | 2010-02-05

Leave pay, and other monies owed

I resigned from my previous employer in September 2009. My final salary reflected an unauthorised deduction of R15,000.00, and to date I have also not received my leave pay (39 days). I have reported the matter to the Department of Labour (a letter of demand was issued 2 weeks ago). However, I suspect that the employer is using every tactic he can to avoid payment. What are my rights, and will I be entitled to interest on the money owed (which totals in excess of R50,000). This situation has resulted in considerable financial embarrassment, and seems desperately unfair.

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

RE: LEAVE PAY, AND OTHER MONIES OWED

Leave pay is claimed by the Department of Labour. Likewise the unauthorised deduction would also be claimed by them.

1
Posted by: labour lawyer | 2010-02-08

RE: LEAVE PAY, AND OTHER MONIES OWED

Reply to labour lawyer