Posted by: Shan | 2008-11-21

Leave and Advert

I work for a Chinese firm. I applied for 12 days leave in December. From the 15th of December to the 5th of January. Returning to work on the 6th. My HR Manager made me apply for 19 days as he said that " A Saturday and Sunday is considered as leave"  He also included the 26th of December. A public holiday. I signed the document as I know if I don' t that they will not allow my leave.

Another thing is that I found an Invoice for an advert advertising my job for last month. Can they do this? I have not had any warnings or hearings.
Please would someone advise me if what they are doing is fair?

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

re: Leave and Advert

Saturday and sunday is not considered to be leave, nor is a public holiday. If you have an advert advertising for your job it is suggested you hold on to this and challenge them in due course should they try and dismiss you.