Question
Posted by: Aya | 2010/10/26

leanor drops

dear doc i just wanted to find out,10 years ago when i was in high school i used the original leanor drops to suppress my apetite and i found that even when i stopped using them i ate fairly small portions,i would like to use the drops again but now they sell the herbal leanor drops which are not effective ...are the ones i used which are the original still available on the market? and if so are they available on prescription?

Dear Aya
As far as I know the original Leanor drops contained norpseudoepinephrine which is a powerful appetite suppressant, but can have many serious side-effects including dependence, addiction, tremors, insomnia, palpitations, irritability, and psychotic reactions. All over-the-counter medications containing epinephrine (including slimming pills and cold and flu treatments, etc) were taken off the market a few years ago because of their potential for addiction and abuse. Leanor drops containing norpseudoepinephrine are now classified as a schedule 6 medication which can only be obtained with a doctor's prescription.
Please be careful that you don't get hooked on this addictive medication.
Take care

11
Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/08/16

please bring leonor drops back its fantastic why did they take it of the market in South Africa

Posted by: Dorcas | 2016/03/03

This drops used to work wonders for me too..went from a size 40 to 32 but you cant find them anywere nowadays..

Reply to Dorcas
Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/01/17

I have a prescription from my Dr, now where can I get Leanor Drops Original and not that Fong Kong Herbal? Why discontinue something that has helped the public for years without any side effects?

Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/12/15

Hi pls tell me is this product safe for me I'm diabetic.HB.thyroid chronic I hv used it when I was much younger and it worked for me lost weight and felt good

Posted by: Lindi | 2015/07/03

Dear Doc Where do I find the drops?

Reply to Lindi
Posted by: catharine | 2015/01/16

The original leanor drops were fantastic!nothing herbal works for me!I am definitely asking my doctor for a prescription!I also had no side effects!only great weight loss.i used them 16 years ago!

Reply to catharine | 2 comments (hide)
Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/09/07

Where do you get them?

Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/05/13

Hi CATHRINE They use to work magic for me as well but I cant get them anywhere now.

Posted by: Annelise | 2014/11/11

Dear Doc Please tell me where can i buy lenor drops schedule6 with a script.I use to use this drops and it really works.

Reply to Annelise
Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/09/22

Why fix what's not broken. I have used this (looooooooooooooong) before I got married and after my eldest was born and I even had a second child. No side affects or what so ever. Am looking for this again because I cannot get rid of the extras for the last 10 yrs. How can I convince my doc I need it. I am 10 kg over weight. Want to prevent gaining more weight.

Dear Aya
Take care