Question
Posted by: Lisa | 2011/12/03

Leaning to one side

Good day. I am an 36 yr old woman. I have been on anti depressants all my life. I changed my medication a month ago and am now using Cilift and Degranol. Suddenly this moring when I got up, I was nausious and leaning to one side all the way in the hall way. I could walk up straight. I sat down to catch my breath and when i got up again I almost fell down towards my left. Is this a negative effiect of the meds? An ear problem? (I dont have pain anywhere). My bloodpressure? I wanted to go to the ER this morning I had such a fright. I phone my psiciatrist, she said i must go to ER, it might be my ear. Im thinking what if I had a ceasure? I felt very nausious. Should I have a brain scan?

Degranol, I think, is a generic form of Carbamazepine, and old anti-epileptic med, also used in bipolar disorder by some. It can have some rather nasrty side-effects in some people. You should definitely, do what your psychiatrist suggests and go to the ER for a physical check.
They will decide, based on what they find in assessing you directly, wwhat other investigations would be useful.

2

Posted by: Obvious | 2011/12/03

Your shrink said go to ER,
DO AS SHE SAYS.They will do a brain scan if they deem fit.

Reply to Obvious