Question
Posted by: help please | 2011-09-11

leaky gut diet

I have been reading about the leaky gut syndrome.. I have fibromyalgia, was diagnosed about 8 years ago, reading this made me realise that there might be a genuine connection. I need to know about eating for a leaky gut, what to eat and what to definitely not eat. Thank you

Dear Help Please
Leaky gut syndrome responds well to the use of probiotics ('good microorganisms'), because it is probable that the condition is caused by an overgrowth of the 'bad microorganisms' (pathogens) in the gut. I would, therefore, recommend that you use products such as Acidoflora which you can purchase at health shops. The good microorganisms will restore the balanced in your digestive system and stop the overgrowth of the bad microorganisms and the leaking of nutrients from the gut. You may find that eating a balanced, high-fibre diet which is rich in protective nutrients will also assist for the leaky gut and your fibromyalgia. Click on 'DietnFood' at the top of this page and then on 'Food as Medicine' and 'Healthy colon' to read the articles on how to restore the normal function of the colon and how to increase the fibre content of your diet.
I hope you will soon feel better.

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2011-09-12

Dear Help Please
I hope you will soon feel better.