Question
Posted by: L | 2010-09-13

LEAKY BLADDER

i am a 30 year old active female. i''ve never been pregnant. i am an avid runner with an embarrassing problem. my gynaecologist told me last year that i need to go for an operation to rectify my leaky bladder but i don''t have medical aid and definitely don''t have the money for such an op.

i try and empty my bladder as much as possible before running but sometimes not even that works. i don''t know whether i should start running with a pad or somethinng.... it''s so gross :(

is there anything i can do to at least not end up with a wet spot in my crotch?

Hallo L
If an operation is the only remedy, you may need to wear an incontinence pad when running. However, at your age I would suggest that you see an urologist for a full and proper evaluation before you contemplate operation - there are various reasons why a bladder leak, it could be an over sensitive bladder muscle, a sphincter that does not close properly or the bladder that "sags" due to muscle weakness.
Read http://kidney.niddk.nih.gov/kudiseases/pubs/uiwomen/
In Pretoria, Dr Frans van Wijk at urology hospital specializes in female incontinence

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010-09-13

Hallo L