Posted by: nicole | 2008-11-27

leaking fanny

can you tell what could possibly be the matter as my dog who is very old, has a lump the size of a tennis ball on her back leg... also has a few warts...

and now her fanny is leaking... meaning there is a very SMELLY substance coming out form there and it has such a STRONG smell, it drives me nuts...

any advice on what it could be?

Dear Nicole

It sounds like a uterus infection(pyometra). She will need medical attention straight away.

Posted by: almost mad | 2008-11-28

Non-regular...I dont think my comment was bad...I too dislike mean comments. but sometimes all of us post our responses before the vet gets to answer...thats why we have all spoken up. Besides, i think that we have a type of cyber community where we can all give our opinion...and try to be helpful.

Reply to almost mad
Posted by: non-regular | 2008-11-28

Funny how the pack instinct is alive and well (among humans!) I' m sure the cybervets advise would have been sufficient to take her dog to the vet. Then 4 more join in (fortunately not all vicously) I agree the poor dog should have been at the vet at the first sign of trouble. But after reading the posts on this website for a while now have come to the horrific realisation that some people really should not be allowed to own pets! Us " humans"  are strange creatures - a rap across the knuckles is ok - but then to be beat up over the same thing might lead one to a negative reaction.

Reply to non-regular
Posted by: rea | 2008-11-28

The smell is driving u nuts .......imagine what that poor dog
is going through - i hope u used your brain and have taken
the dog to the vet- u should not have even bothered to tn
ask the cybervet but should have taken her to the vet immediately

Reply to rea
Posted by: almost mad | 2008-11-28

Wow...I would not have waited for leaky stuff to come out or to ask the cyber vet...I would have rushed to my vet immediately...that is a very serious thing!

Reply to almost mad
Posted by: Chill | 2008-11-27

My goodness. Has it really not occurred to you to get some medical attention for this dog?

Reply to Chill
Posted by: butch | 2008-11-27

U should take her to the vet

Reply to butch