Question
Posted by: AnnaS | 2010/03/29

Leaking Colostrum?

Morning

I am slightly freaked out over here. I woke up this morning to find I am leaking what I assume is colostrum (I have 3 kids already) and this is not actually possible. I was sterilised 6 years ago, and I am on the pill for hormone control.

So what could any other causes be? Cancer? Hormone Imbalance? I am on a new pill (Yaz) - could that be the cause?

Please help, a gynea visit is so expensive these days and I cant afford to waste a dr visit over something silly.

Some women do have symptoms such as this from the Pill. However, other possible causes are problems within the breasts themselves or overactivity of the milk producing gland. You will have to see a doctor to sort this out.

3
Posted by: AnnaS | 2010/03/31

Thanks MomE

I did do a blood test, it was negative.

Reply to AnnaS
Posted by: MomE | 2010/03/30

Neither sterilisation nor Yaz is 100% effective, although chances are very slim. A pregnancy test is about R20 at Clicks, maybe do that first and take it from there.

Reply to MomE