Question
Posted by: DWM | 2013-01-16

Leaders

Robert Mugabe reckons the African Union summit should discuss the appointment of a President of Africa to foster unity among Africans.

Yeah right as if that shits gonna work with Africas tribalistic barbaric nature and all these power hungry African leaders!

10
Posted by: DWM | 2013-01-21

Well no one can blame you for your so called " unmity"  dream.

There is no way Africans will entrust the task of fashioning out the best way to exist in a single country to a bunch of miscreants and mad men that called themselves leaders like the Ghadafis, Mugabes, Kabilas etc.

If our politicians cant tar simple roads, how can you expect them to help realise the fruits of greater african integration?
It will take a century alone for Africa to address its issues of tyranny, tribalism, mutual distrust and corruption and how it can be stopped!

Reply to DWM
Posted by: Sello | 2013-01-18

I believe in Africa and its people. I am African. From the valleys of Africa and streams of tears that still bleeds from the pain inflicted by the colonists. I believe thay one day unmity will be realised. It will start in the SADEC region and move its way up. I do not believe that we are imitating the Europeans becuase we spoke of unity long before the Europeans landed on our shores and disturbed our peace.

AFRICA WILL UNITE.

Reply to Sello
Posted by: DWM | 2013-01-18

Sello it will be difficult to unite a tribal fragmented continent when the leaders of the 53 countries of Africa are finding it impossible to unite their own people. Unity and peace will be elusive, because, every country will have its national interest and agenda to propagate.

Nigeria alone is a country with its own ethnic, religious and cultural strife. Imagine what will happen when 53 African countries with different ethnic backgrounds, religious beliefs, different cultural values, languages and worldviews join together in the name of imitating the Europeans who are also not finding their own union funny upon that they are well advanced than the Africans.

Reply to DWM
Posted by: Sello | 2013-01-18

Zuma is a Zulu and so many of us who are not Zulu have acceppted his rule. There has been a Xhosa for president and Sotho too and we never had a problem. i have never heard of an African Arab that thinks he is superior that African - I know of some whites who did and still do. SADEC is a region occupied by native Africans so there is a good start which we can take up north later. What I am saying is that Africa is different and its unity is not only a pipe dream its a possibiity that we all must embrace

Reply to Sello
Posted by: DWM | 2013-01-18

Sello, instead of African leaders putting the different ethnic, religious, cultural groups in their different countries to unity so that they will work together towards the development of their respective nations, they are dreaming impossible dreams that might only afford them the opportunity of embezzling their countries fund on the pretext of working for the unification of Africa.

Race division alone will never allow it to work. The Arabs who are occupying Northern Africa will never allow native Africans to rule them because they see blacks as inferior human beings, and some don''t even see blacks as human beings.

How do we know who an African is? How do you define the real African Identity? Do Arabs in North Africa have more ties and affinity with Black Africans or with people of their colour of Arabia lands in mid and Far East? Arabs have contempt for Blacks  there is a big chasm between Pan-Arabism and Pan-Africanism. The Arabs are all out to impose Islam on Africans and to Arabnise all of Black Africa. Do you think Muslims will accept to be ruled by non-Muslims?

The man who called for an united Africa himself believed in the inferiority of Black Africans. He insulted and provoked Nigeria so many times in words and actions.

You can proclaim all you want of how wonderfully your Sotho sisters and their Zulu husbands are getting along and how
''happy'' the clans in your respective village is, the fact remains that on the African continent there is lots of distrusts amongst tribes, of which no tribe will want another tribe to come and dominate them, there is a great ethnic division whether you want to believe it or not!

Reply to DWM
Posted by: Sello | 2013-01-17

DWM, I hold a different view from you because I am optimistic about Africa. One day we will be united whether this will come in a form of SADEC Union and later the rest of Africa. Magaretter Tatcher once commented about Africans being tribalistic and she was proven wrong. She thought we could never successfully rule over Africa. She thought Africa would be brought down by major civile wars etc. And there are many countless who wishes that we were tribalistic because being tribalistic sits well with the agenda of devide and rule. Lets take for instance the AWB, FF and some parts of the Afrikaaner and English community, they still think that Tswanas wants to be on their own so as Zulus etc. This was evident when the AWB was caught pants down in Bophuthatswana and those kommandos were brutally killed by the Bop soildiers. When the AWB was interviewed and asked what were you doing in Bop, the response was " we were invited by Mangope and his government to come and assist them becuase they were under attack by the MK"  They went further " You see the Tswana people just like the Zulus and Sothos they want self determination because they are unique"  this was a response from the Afrikaaner leadership and was echoed by the FF. Now these are the people and many more white racists who want to devide our people so that they can continue to exploit our God given lands. We will never allow that. Yes ofcourse there is a lot of corruption and civil wars but we can agree that incidences of civil wars has drajmatically reduced and we have seen democratic elections taking place in many parts of Africa. That is working progress towards the Union of Africa. You are wrong about Manto Tshabalala and Msholozi. Once more it is this tendecy, THIS WHITE TENDENCY that seeks to confuse and spread lies about our leadership and eventually your likes will bring lies about Africans being tribalists. Oh did I forget to tell you that two of my sister are Sothos and they both married with Zulus. Our bond as Africans is best understood by ourselves because our songs are sung from our hearts and our hearts speaks more than our mouths.

Reply to Sello
Posted by: DWM | 2013-01-17

Well you must be retarded in you think a United Africa will ever work let alone be possible!!

Your comment alone about - there are people who really wish that Africans were tribalistic is idiotic!

Besides the tribalism and ethnic groups on the African continent, the sociological nation with all its language, blood ties, religion and common history, will make it a nation of ethnic groups in fundamental disagreement about the continents community’ s basic values - Xenophobia in SA alone will be rife!!

Just has to take a look at the level of African corruption, the long standing waring factions, Islamic extremists, Somali pirates and just the general day to day shit that goes on on this continent to draw the conclusion that a United Africa is a pipe dream. For heaven sakes until recently we had that scary old Bat as a minister of health. Tokoloshe personified. Beetroot juice and cabbage leaves will cure the disease, while the Chief would shower after a bit of inyama.

A united states of Africa will remain an empty shell!!

Reply to DWM
Posted by: Sello | 2013-01-17

Which part makes me an idiot Termite?

Reply to Sello
Posted by: Termite | 2013-01-17

Yes, you are black and an idiot!!!

Reply to Termite
Posted by: Sello | 2013-01-16

The idea of a united Africa was on the African''s agenda long bvefore the arival of imperialists and colonisers. Nkwame Nkruma was a great proponent of this concept and later Gadaffi. This is a vision of many Africans and ofcourse DWM as a non-African this does not interest you. Africans are not tribalistic and barbaric in nature. This is a racist remark that you are pulling. I am a Sotho and my wife is Xhosa. My father was a Sotho and his wife was a Khoisan. My grandfather was a Sotho belonging to the Bafokeng clan and his wife came from the Bakwena clan. There are people who really wish that we Africabns were tribalistic and guess what they will fail on this. We are not tribalistic and an African union is possible in future.

I HAVE MADE MY POINT AND I AM BLACK AND STRONG.

Reply to Sello