Question
Posted by: Annabelle | 2011-04-11

Lazy Bowel Syndrome

Hi, I have heard that reflexology or acupuncture has been used successfully on occasion, not always, to treat lazy bowel syndrome. I have to use laxatives continually and unforunately my digestive system became so used to this, that now my bowels dont function at all without laxatives.
I read of successful reversing this with reflexology and acupunture in an article which I now cant find, and wondered if you perhaps had ever heard of anything like this being treated this way.

Expert ImageReflexology expert

Hello Annabelle

Yes there has been many succesful stories with that - one would have to look at your lifestyle as well as your diet - and to also remember that you have been using the laxatives for a while - so it will take a while to correct the imbalance in your intestines - unfortunately it is not a quick fix.

To find a therapist near you go to www.reflexologycourse.co.za - click on therapist and then your area - all the therapists listed on this website are registered with Allied Health.

All the best
:-)
Stella K