Posted by: Tom | 2008-12-04

Lazy Arm

Im 16 and I do personal exercises every night nothing major just weights pushups situps etc. Ive noticed that my right arm and shoulder is larger and more muscular than the left is this normal, if not is there anything I can do to even them up?

Hi Tom

It's not unusual, because we all have a dominant side, and you'll find that during the course of the day, you'll favour one arm. Fifteen years of doing things a little more with the right than left adds up to this difference. So it's not terribly unusual.

In terms of training, don't go overboard correcting it - rather just add a couple of reps extra on the left side. So if you're doing 10 reps, then aim for 11 to 12 on the left. It might be impossible (it's probably weaker that side too), but you'll get there eventually. But even this is not really necessary, because by traininng the same on each side, you're actually training the weaker side more, if that makes sense?

So just give it time.

Posted by: Little Helper | 2008-12-04

Yes, jerk off with the other arm for a while...

Reply to Little Helper