Question
Posted by: Werner | 2008-09-10

Q.

Lazy Anus Sphincter

My bowel movements are regular with no constpation or loose stool problems. The problem is thet after wiping, I have to place a tissue between the buttocks because faeces keeps oozing out for up to 30 minutes. Can anything be done to strengthen the sphincter?

Expert's Reply

A.

Expert ImagezIncontinence

It is difficult to say due to the fact it can also be that pelvic floor is very weak. To assess the pelvic floor a Surface electromygram (sEMG) evaluation is used to identify the muscle strength and electrical activity within the muscles, endurance and motor control is then done to establish any weakness. Yes, if it is the pelvic floor you can strengthen it.

Want to comment?