Posted by: Lynn | 2010-02-19

Dear doc

2 Days ago i was very constipated and decided to take two Dulcolax pills,it relieved the constipation that night but now it hasnt stopped,my stomach cramps up at night and is painful and i have to go to the loo a number of times at night,this disturbs my boyfriends sleep who has very early mornings,today is day 3 and the cramps are still there and i cant keep anything in my stomach ,i decided that im not going to touch food today,i just had a few sips of juice and emediately after that i had to go and relieve myself at the loo,i cant carry on like this,by the way my stool is watery like urine ,and at the moment i cant afford to see a doctor,please help.

You can get Buscopan tablets, as well as Imodium from your pharmacy. Take two Buscopan tablets every six hours. This should stop the cramping and a single course of Imodium should stop the diarrhea. A diet with a high fibre content should also calm your stomach. If this does not work and if there is a fever present, you will have to consult your doctor immediately.