Posted by: Anon | 2011-04-08

Lawyer Rip Off

Is there any reasonable lawyers out there? I have spent R18k on lawyers fees and still have nothing to show for it. The papers have been served on my husband who now denies it and he won''t tell me where he is staying. The lawyer says I have to go to court and it will cost me R20k per day and will take 5 days to resolve. I don''t have that money what are my options? And staying married isn''t one. HELP.

Expert ImageDivorce support expert

go to

Posted by: FIO | 2011-04-15

I have thus far not useda lawyer, taken documents to court myself, notified ex''s lawyer myself, written letters of notice etc to my ex and her lawyer myself, and about to lay a charg eof non-compl iance with Court Order against her myself.

My reason: Exactly as you have experienced, loads of money for nothing.

Try do as much as you can by going to the court yourself and asking the CLerk of the COurt to help you fill in the right documents etc. It may be a bit of tough work, but it saves you loads of money, and gets the process going a lot faster than lawyers do. Lawyers have so many other clients, they dont treat any one client faster unless its urgent and you have the money.

Reply to FIO