Posted by: shy | 2009-04-03

latex allergy

My boyfriend is hiv+ and i neg. We' ve been having protected sex and i recently found that a day or two after sex i have a greenish smelly discharge or slightly blood filled. Went to see a gynae and was advised that i' m allergic to latex condoms.
Is there any way that I can prevent the smelly discharge after sex as this is really affecting our sex life? Sometimes I don' t feel like being intimate cause of the aftermath.....

We would also like to have a baby soon. What type of options do we have as a posneg couple?

Non-latex condoms are available though they are much more expensive. In terms of pregnancy, your boyfriend should be on HAART to decrease his viral load and you could then have artificial insemination with washed sperm.

Posted by: Colagirl | 2009-04-03

Hi Shy,

Latex-free condoms are available - even at your local Pick ' n Pay!

Reply to Colagirl