Question
Posted by: Longtime Girlfriend | 2008/09/19

Lately, WHY?

Lately my boyfriend speaks to me as if I have suddenly become an idiot.

He also blames me for everything that' s misplaced or not in the right place. More often than not it ends up that he last had it and put it there.

Then it' s just an OH not even sorry.

Its getting to a stage now that I just keep myself to myself and don' t say anything that could make him snap at me or make me feel like an idiot.

Whats going on?

There could be so many reasons, as Maria says. Maybe he's depressed, or under severe stress at work, or falling out of love and unsure of what or how to tell you. Only calm discussion between you ( not raising delicate issues at the heat of the moment ) may clarify this. Or relationship counselling, which, as he sees nothing wrong, he presumably would not join

2

When I ask him he just shruggs his shoulders and say' s there is nothing wrong, its my imagination.

I would not be able to tolerate it, as I am not the meek and mild tipe to just allow someone to treat/talk like that to me.

Thank you Maria

Reply to Longtime Girlfriend
Posted by: Maria | 2008/09/19

It' s really not possible for a stranger to answer that question. Perhaps he is depressed. Perhaps his feelings for you are gone and he is not brave enough to tell you so he behaves badly instead. Perhaps he is stressed at work and taking it out on you at home. Have you tried asking him? And if this behaviour continues, is it worth staying in the relationship?

Reply to Maria