Posted by: worried | 2009-08-07

late periods

dear doc

ive got all the symptons of my menstruation bt theres nothing comin out n its been a week now,my doc told me that ive gt a 3cm ovarian cyst caused by fertomid,he gave me some pills to take for that cyst after my periods now my periods are nt comin.

i started taking fertomid since april n my period hav been late with 2-3 days late bt this time around its worse.

can i be pregnant whilst having a cyst and symptoms of periods?

thank you in advance.

Dear Worried

It is however possible to be pregnant and have a cyst. If you have any concern that you may be pregnant the best advice I can give you is to do a blood pregnancy test. If the blood pregnancy test is negative and you still haven’t seen your period then the presence of your cyst may be a persistent corpus luteum cyst. These cysts may cause pain but more often than not may be painless but just causing a delay in the menstrual period.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo